Re: Mediation

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: Mediation
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:18:46 +0100

Am Dienstag, 28. Dezember 2004 01:29 schrieb Robert Schuster:

> for some time now I am participating in this project fixing bugs
> and adding functionality mainly to the java.beans package. Despite
> my good knowledge of the Java language, participation in
> development communities and especially the GNU community, is virgin
> soil to me. As a result I sensed a steep learning curve when I
> started helping Classpath. In the last weeks I found myself asking
> a lot of questions on topics which I think are common knowledge for
> a fair amount of you.

That's a really good idea.

> I hope this introduction gave you enough information to get a
> picture of what I want to do. As stated above criticism and
> comments are welcome.

I think the hurdles newbies have to take to start working on the
project are really high. They often retire because they can't find
the informations they need easily. That doesn't mean its not
documented somewhere, it's just too hidden for them. When we could
clear that up without limiting the "power"-contributors it would be
good.

I really appreciate your work and look happy forward to your findings.
It can only improve our project and make it better.

Michael
--
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/