RE: Mauve test question

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: Mauve test question
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:34:18 +0100

Archie Cobbs wrote:
> The problem you describe with a blacklist goes away when there is
> also an "xfails" file.

I don't know. The risk is that we'll end up with a test blocked in
everyone's xfails list, but since none of the VM implementers looks at
all the other lists nobody realises that the problem is in fact in the
test (or in Classpath).

> I think the reason you want a whitelist is
> because you use ./batch_run, which doesn't support "xfails". This
> appears to me to be a deficiency of ./batch_run, not proof that a
> whitelist is better.

I don't use ./batch_run, I use a manually maintained list of reasonable
tests. When I run the tests I simply run gnu.testlet.SimpleTestHarness
and pipe in the list of tests, no scripts whatsoever (I hate scripts
;-)).

BTW, since we don't seem to be making any progress convincing each other
(and I'm not even sure the difference is all that significant), so I'm
going to end this thread (from my part at least ;-)).

Regards,
Jeroen