Re: Mauve test question

From: C. Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Mauve test question
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:29:07 -0500

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 17:56, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Since various Mauve users have said they wanted something like this anyway;
> I went ahead and coded the jvm-parsing stuff already.
> I read all source files, parse the minimum/maximum JVM 'Tags' from that file
> and store it.
> Then I have a new class called 'Filter' which will ask you what which
> version you want to check.  If you choose JDK1.0 it will create a file with
> only 1.0 tests, if you choose 1.3 it will create a file with 1.0, 1,1, 1.2
> and 1.3 tests.
>
> That output file can then be piped into the SimpleTestHarness.
>
> This brings the running of mauve back to one 'java -jar' and then just
> following instructions.  (that 'java' is just an example; it should work on
> any JVM)
> here is the jar file: http://members.home.nl/zander/alltests.jar (1mb)
>
> This surely does not solve the whole problem; but I felt it would be usefull
> to point out my progress this far.

Is this at all problematic if your JVM doesn't support whatever classes
are needed for this additional test framework wrapper?  Obviously you'd
be failing some tests anyway so I don't know if it matters... everyone
okay with something like this in java or prefer it written in something
like perl?
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>