Re: Mauve test question

From: Thomas Zander
Subject: Re: Mauve test question
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:45:31 +0100

> > That output file can then be piped into the SimpleTestHarness.
> >
> > This brings the running of mauve back to one 'java -jar' and then just
> > following instructions.  (that 'java' is just an example; it should
> > work on any JVM)
> Is this at all problematic if your JVM doesn't support whatever classes
> are needed for this additional test framework wrapper?  Obviously you'd
> be failing some tests anyway so I don't know if it matters...

As far as I know; the mauve testsuite is meant to be a general-all-jvm-tests
suite.  Currently I skip the BinaryCompatibility test, it failed to get it
compiling some time ago.
The rest is compiled in one go on Suns-JVM1.5 and takes a whopping 46
seconds :-)  I don't think the compile would be any easier in perl.

--
Thomas Zander