JDJ Article On Brazilian Javali Project

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: JDJ Article On Brazilian Javali Project
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 02:06:12 +0000

Hi all,

        Just thought you may want to know about (if you don't already) the
following article published in the Java Developer's Journal (JDJ):

http://www.sys-con.com/story/?storyid=47603&DE=1

This is by Bruno Souza, who some of you make have spoken to on IRC.
In my opinion, it gives a fairly good view of the issues surrounding
Sun's constant 'open source Java' debate, from our perspective.
Unfortunately, those who bothered to provide feedback on the article
(via the link at the bottom) appear to have not even bothered reading
it, and instead seem to have written, by and large, some of the worst
drivel I've ever seen.  Let's hope this isn't the consensus of the Java
community at large.

Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint) attachments.

No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

"We've all been part of the biggest beta test the world has ever known --
Windows"
-- Victor Wheatman, Gartner