VM support for GetDirectBufferAddress

From: Robert Schuster
Subject: VM support for GetDirectBufferAddress
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:19:36 +0100

Hi.
This is for all VM implementors.

Which Free Java VMs support the GetDirectBufferAddress() in a way that it returns a real buffer address instead of NULL?

If your VM does not support it: Can you tell me about the reasons and the priority of implementing it?
If it does: Can you tell me since which version it is supported?

My reason for asking is that I am in contact with the maintainer of sdljava (revived jsdl) which is partly relying on that JNI feature. If we can get a number of Free Java VMs to support it, this will mean the beginning of multimedia and OpenGL support for Free Java (not to mention that freefodder will be one of the first that will support this :P ).

A summary of your answers will certainly make it into the documentation of sdljava.

cu
Robert