Re: Eclipse command line formatter

From: Grzegorz B. Prokopski
Subject: Re: Eclipse command line formatter
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:12:13 -0500

Hi Ben,

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 02:18 -0500, Ben Konrath wrote:
> I'm just finishing up work on the headless Eclipse Java formatter patch:

Wow, this is *really* great!

Since years, SableVM code C has been auto-indented with GNU indent, and
it works wonders.  But we weren't able to properly indent Classpath
code.  Now this should be possible.

I wonder, but shouldn't we also start indenting all the native C code
we have in GNU Classpath?  I guess I can provide a small patch for that.

> I'm not even sure that eclipse.org will take it, if they don't it will end
> up in a packaged version of eclipse near you. (Does this mean I should
> make some debian packages for eclipse? :)

Not everybody uses Debian (I do), so I hope they'll take it.  As for
packaging Eclipse for Debian - help would be greatly appreciated.
Current Eclipse in Debian is only 2.x, and NOT in Sarge/Testing due to
long-standing grave bugs.  So yes, please do package it :-))))

> So next on the TODO list for this is to make a slim and trim custom app
> with this so that it's actually useful for you.

It would be delightful :)

> I didn't add an option to fix the imports because the solution involves a
> little refactoring and therefore would be more difficult to
> maintain if it is not accepted upstream. From past experience I have
> found the eclipse.org developers to be very hard engage in dialogue
> about enhancements, so don't cross your fingers about getting this in.

I think all GNU Classpath developers will support your request.

Thanks & cheers,

                                Grzegorz B. Prokopski
--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski           <address@hidden>