Re: Classpath 1.5 API coverage (was: javax.management)

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: Classpath 1.5 API coverage (was: javax.management)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:38:28 -0500

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:13:45 +0000, Andrew John Hughes
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Results for this aren't available publicly yet.  I simply downloaded
> japitools myself last night, and ran a comparison between JDK 1.5 and
> current Classpath CVS HEAD, which is where I obtained the quoted
> figure.  Primarily, I just wanted to see if it worked; as there are very
> limited byte-code changes (the language changes are all done at the
> compiler and library level), I had a feeling it would and was proved
> correct.

I just added 1.5 results to the website. Big caveats:

- The japi files for classpath, libgcj and kaffe are all still out of
date; hopefully someone can produce nightly japi files on a more
regular basis...

- The classpath japi uses HEAD rather than generics-branch. I think it
would be worthwhile to provide comparisons of both... anyone want to
produce a classpath-generics.japi.gz?

- japitools doesn't compare any of the generic aspects of the APIs
yet. We're working on it, slowly.

--
http://sab39.dev.netreach.com/