Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Re: javax.management

From: Fernando Nasser
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Re: javax.management
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:52:36 -0500

Nic Ferrier wrote:
(...)
O.S. developers had a preference to contribute under the GPL, I did not think it would go as far as not be willing to contribute at all.

It does in my case. I am very selective about who I help.

I have often found it to be the case where ASF programmers will not
contibute to GPL or LGPL projects.

Which is very disappointing. All this Open Source/Free Software community division based on licenses that are all supposed, and all claim to be, for freedon, can only benefit the supporters of closed proprietary software, which has many times the amount of money and man hours to put on development. That company who-may-not-be-named must be enjoying this.

I understand your need to be selective. I am just questioning the selectiveness based on license.

Regards,
fernando