(java.net.)URI [Fwd: RFC 3986 reaches IETF standard status]

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: (java.net.)URI [Fwd: RFC 3986 reaches IETF standard status]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:38:46 +0100

Hi,

Our java.net.URI implementation is still not fully implemented (see the
FIXME comments and the methods equals, hashCode, compareTo, etc).

This new RFC clarifies and updates the URI specification. Maybe someone
wants to go wild and finish our java.net.URI implementation based on
this.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: RFC 3986 reaches IETF standard status Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 04:49:02 -0500 User-agent: Mutt/1.4.1i
For those maintaining URI related code (parsing, base, composition ...)
the new RFC is now an IETF standard obsoleting RFC 2396

  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

Section D lists the changes from RFC 2396 which should ease the checking
and potential update of the related code,

Daniel

address@hidden  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/