character conversion frameworks

From: Robert Schuster
Subject: character conversion frameworks
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 05:37:47 +0100

Hi,
with the recent patches to Classpath's two character conversion frameworks we where reminded that there is still no unified solution.

After being introduced by mark to the topic and fxing some minor issues with the NIO charsets I summarized all what I've found interesting here:
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathCurrentTopics#head-29147ec4a694664ae99b73085a0922c613f39d64

Feel free to comment on/add more information to this.

Hopefully we can find an agreement on how to fix this problem. Personally I would suggest this as something on which we might hack at FOSDEM ... well, just my 0.02 €

cu
Robert