Re: Running gump

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: Re: Running gump
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:42:39 +0000

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 17:02 +0100, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Anthony Green wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 13:55 +0100, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> >
> >>I'm not sure how to proceed here: should we fix gump not to rely on
> >>them, or install the yucky non-free stuff? Former sounds more promising,
> >>to me. Anthony, do you want to investigate what needs to be done in that
> >>direction?
> >

> > I agree with you.  We shouldn't enable dependencies on non-free
> > software.  Please have a look at what can be done if you can.  I'm
> > pretty swamped these next few days.
>
> Ok, I'll post on the gump list, and see what people recommend where to
> start detangling things.
>
> cheers,
> dalibor topic

Just a few things I've noticed on today's Gump+Kaffe build when trying
to find fixable Classpath errors:

bootstrap-ant: Fails due to a dumb dependency on sun.tools.native2ascii
logging-log4cxx-autogen: Errors in using autoconf to create configure
authx-example: lacks dependencies
jakarta-tomcat-jk-native: Fails to find libtool
ldap-clients: lacks dependencies

This is using data from:

'This Gump run is complete. It started at Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:01:48
(PST) and ended at Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:33:53 (PST).'

which only lists the above five packages under 'Issues'.  I guess the
ant failure

bootstrap-ant
Dependees: 633
Affected: 632
Failed Build Failed
Builds in this state: 1

 stops the rest (the list of pre-reqs is huge).  I did notice earlier
(when it was still running) many more failures, including another dumb
dependency on sun.util.TimeZone (in icu4j or something similar).  I
suppose it must filter these out following the run.  It seems a change
was made to the Ant build which caused this recently.

Hope this helps,
--
Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint)
attachments.

No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

"We've all been part of the biggest beta test the world has ever known
--
Windows"
-- Victor Wheatman, Gartner