Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product

From: zander
Subject: Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:30:38 +0100

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 05:54:38PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi Hackers,

Proposal sounds like a good idea!

> - Version numbers.
>   I don't have a very good suggestion here. Of course we should just
>   have the GNU Classpath version numbers there (0.13, 0.14, and up). But
>   those are not the same as used by GCC. There is no good/perfect
>   mapping between libgcj and classpath version numbers.

That was my first question; if AWT/Swing bugs are reported for GCJ they
'should' be mapped to a classpath release, if possible. But I have no idea
how to do that :)

> - Actually moving the bugs. We have two tasks:
>   - Move the bugs currently filed under gcc/libgcj which are not runtime
>     specific to the correct classpath/category. This is not that hard,
>     but needs a volunteer to go over the 110 open bugs in that category.
>     (The AWT and SWING modules will probably be moved automatically)
>   - Move the bugs currently in the savannah bug tracker to
>     gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla. [...] I will move at least
>     the open ones by hand (currently 59 open bugs).

My reported bugs will then nog be registred under my email? Should all
classpath bug-reporters (that want to 'keep' their bugs)  open an account
on the gcc bugtracker?

--
Thomas Zander