Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product
Date: 14 Feb 2005 17:25:39 -0700

>>>>> "David" == David Daney <address@hidden> writes:

David> It sounds a bit questionable to merge the bug tracking system before
David> we have a single merged code base.

Classpath and libgcj are really like different branches of a single
source base.  They mostly share code, but some parts are different and
they move at different speeds -- I see the situation as being
analogous to the difference between the trunk and the gui branch.

I think having a shared bug database is basically an administrative
move, recognizing that most of these bugs are really shared.  We can
manage them the way we manage bugs on any branches.  There are already
a fair number of bugs in the gcc bugzilla that really are classpath
bugs... merging like this just makes it simpler to push bugs upstream,
and for classpath and gcj hackers to have a shared view of the
library's state.

Tom