Re: CORBA

From: Sascha Brawer
Subject: Re: CORBA
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:30:47 +0100

Hi Robert and Meskauskas,

there's already a bunch of free Java ORBs out there. For a list, see [1]. Maybe it would be worth trying to convince one of the authors to donate their work to the FSF, before going through the effort to write yet another one? (Sorry I won't have the time to do it myself)...

[1] http://patriot.net/~tvalesky/freecorba.html
[2] http://www.jacorb.org/ -- I've heard good things about this LGPLed ORB; JBoss uses it

-- Sascha