Re: GdkGraphics extending Graphics2D?

From: Thomas Zander
Subject: Re: GdkGraphics extending Graphics2D?
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:20:49 +0100

On Friday 04 March 2005 15:12, S. Meslin-Weber wrote:
> I propose that GdkGraphics be made to extend Graphics2D with dreaded
> stub methods to make it behave like a standard Graphics instance.
>
> I realise that subbed classes hide incomplete implementations at
> compilation time[2] (heaven knows this has been discussed heavily in the
> past) but what concerns me now is making this work at runtime.

Isn't it easier to provide a new graphics object GtkTmpGraphics2D while
Cairo is being finalized?

I do believe that its useless to have an implementation of an Graphics
object (not g2d) in the long run, since I never heard anyone needed it.
For example; even a replacement Graphics object
http://www.jibble.org/epsgraphics/
to write eps files extends Graphics2D...

--
Thomas Zander