Re: GdkGraphics extending Graphics2D?

From: S. Meslin-Weber
Subject: Re: GdkGraphics extending Graphics2D?
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:20:16 +0000

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 04:20:58PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> I added the following response to that bug report:
>
>         [snip]
>
>         You should test if support for Graphics2D is available before
>         blindly casting.

I completely agree - but considering the widespread use[1] and
(mistaken) encouragement of the blind casting method it would appear
easier to change Classpath than to try to convert the masses.

Steph

[1] And yes, I have been guilty in the past too.

Stephane Meslin-Weber         Email: address@hidden
Software Engineer             Web: http://odonata.tangency.co.uk