Re: Progress on a Classpath mauve suite?

From: Roman Kennke
Subject: Re: Progress on a Classpath mauve suite?
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:07:08 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 08.03.2005, 09:11 -0600 schrieb Archie Cobbs:
> Roman Kennke wrote:
> >>http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath/2004-12/threads.html#00137
> >>
> >>we talked about putting together somehow a list of Mauve tests that
> >>all Classpath-based VMs should expect to pass, along with another
> >>(complementary) list of those tests a Classpath-based VM should
> >>expect to fail.
> >
> > Sorry if I am completely naive here, but why should there be tests, that
> > a Classpath-based VM should be expected to fail?? Isn't the whole point
> > to (ideally) pass all tests? If there would be such a test, I would
> > rather rewrite the harness.check(cond) into harness.check(!cond) so that
> > the (expected) failure passes...
>
> Ideally there should be no expected failures. In reality there always
> are, simply because some feature is unimplemented or some bug has not
> been tracked down yet. Obviously, any expected failures are good
> starting points for anyone looking to improve Classpath... another
> benefit of having (or being able to easily generate) such a list.

Ah, now I'm understanding. I think maybe you mean the mauve HTML pages
that I once put together? This basically tested different runtimes
against the Mauve suite and formatted to Mauve output nicely into HTML
for displaying in a browser, so it is easily visible which tests fails
(red) and which don't (green). Is that what you mean? If yes, then I can
tell you that the nessecary scripts are not online ATM due to lack of
resources on my side, but probably soon will be available again on
developer.c.o. At least I hope so...

/Roman