Re: [Patch] Fix PR libgcj/20389

From: David Daney
Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix PR libgcj/20389
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:27:02 -0800

Bryce McKinlay wrote:
David Daney wrote:

The attached patch brings BufferedInputStream over from Classpath with the only changes being that the copyright in Classpath omits 2004 and had refill() being private.

refill has to have default visibility because InputStreamReader does some highly questionable things with it. Since the file was in fact changed in 2004 I thought the copyright should reflect that.

I added the PR testcase to mauve and did make check in libjava and mauve with no regressions on the 4.0.0 branch (i686-pc-linux).

2005-03-09  David Daney  <address@hidden>

    PR libgcj/20389
    Merge BufferedInputStream from GNU Classpath.
    * java/io/BufferedInputStream.java (marktarget): Field removed.
    (CHUNKSIZE): Field removed.
    (bufferSize): New field.
    (BufferedInputStream): Initialize fields.
    (close): Invalidate mark and buffer indexes.
    (mark):  Rewritten.
    (read()): Move mark handling code to refill.
    (read(byte[], int, int)): Ditto.
    (skip): Ditto and simplify EOF testing.
    (refill): Rewritten.
    * java/io/InputStreamReader.java (refill): Removed mark and reset
    of internal BufferedInputStream.

OK to commit to the 4.0 branch and mainline?

If you want to change the copyright line then it should go into Classpath as well. Also, it would be good to have a comment marking the divergance from classpath eg:

// GCJ LOCAL: package-private for use by InputStreamReader

OK for 4.0 and mainline with this change.

Committed to 4.0 with the 'GCJ LOCAL' comment added to refill.

Since I don't have Classpath write access I will let someone who does fix the copyright in BufferedInputStream if they desire.

On deck the mainline commit.

David Daney