Re: new faq entry:

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: new faq entry:
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:11:13 +0100

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 21:22 +0100, Thomas Zander wrote:
> It points out that a tained person can submit documentation fixes;  this is
> confusing me since my patches were refused..
> Or does 'documentation' below not refer to changing actual source files in
> the CVS to update API docs?  In that case a clarification may be in order.

You can write documentation for our implementation based on your
description of how the source code works as long as you keep to the
general rule. The general rule is that if you have looked at or studied
any (proprietary) implementation of a package you should not work on
that package for GNU Classpath. See also the FirstSteps wiki page:
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathFirstSteps
(Maybe we should merge the static and wiki faq pages?)

If your patches were for something like the above could you resend them.
I cannot remember the discussion about it. My apologies. Note that we do
need paperwork also for documentation updates when they are non-trivial
for our records. I'll send you the request forms privately.