Re: RPM spec file?

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: Re: RPM spec file?
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:32:38 -0600

Mark Wielaard wrote:
There is an old one by Brian Jones.
http://www.haphazard.org/~cbj/classpath/classpath.spec

Thanks.. I've got basically the same thing with updated
info and less hard-coded stuff.

I'll post it after testing it out a bit. I'm also planning to put
Classpath RPM(s) up in the JC SourceForge project download area with
the next JC release.

My motivation is that a JC RPM needs to depend on "classpath", but
there's no RPM for Classpath yet. I see "classpath-inetlib",
"classpath-mail", etc. RPMs.. but none for Classpath.

I don't know that much about packaging. For Debian packages I believe
they want to do their debian control files themselves and don't like to
have them in the upstream sources. I don't know what the conventions are
for rmp packages. But it seems a good idea in general. There are a
couple of packages that can then depend directly on a classpath package.

(Sorry if this is straying off-topic...)

Who do I ask about building a Debian package for JC?

Thanks,
-Archie