Re: RPM spec file

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: Re: RPM spec file
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:08:03 -0600

Tom Tromey wrote:
Archie> Only problem I've encounterd is that it conflicts with libgcj
Archie> on the file /usr/lib/security/classpath.security. Not sure
Archie> what to do about that.

I suspect we ought to change how these providers are found.  There's
been some work in this area for Fedora Core, I think atm Tom
Fitzsimmons has us installing separate provider files and then merging
them in %post.

On some systems there seems to be libgjc.security as well.
Maybe gcj could be configured to use that instead? I'm not an
expert in these files though, so if someone else is already
solving the problem I should probably be quiet :-)

Archie> %define version_num 0.14
Archie> %define release_num 1

It would be nice if this somehow came from configure, so we don't have
to touch two places at release time.  Gnome used to check in .spec.in
files and AC_OUTPUT them, but I don't know how that worked out.

Certainly that can be done, at least for version_num. The release_num
is really up to the packager I suppose.

I've checked it into the scripts/ subdirectory:

    2005-03-22  Archie Cobbs  <address@hidden>

        * configure.ac: Generate scripts/classpath.spec.
        * scripts/classpath.spec.in: New file.

Cheers,
-Archie