GtkImage fixes

From: Robert Schuster
Subject: GtkImage fixes
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 17:59:31 +0200

Hi all.
Thanks to the recent fixes to GtkImage MegaMek[0], which formerly looked
like this[1], is now displaying the map and other graphics mostly
correct[2]. (The mech display was completely broken in 0.15, too)

I am not sure what is causing the problems with the unit selection. With
IBM's JDK this is displayed in this[3] way.

Nevertheless: Great work Sven!

When playing around with MegaMek I saw multiple occurances of this
exception in its logfile:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java/awt/Button
   at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent
(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:197)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run (EventDispatchThread.java:74)

Unfortunately I do not understand much of AWT event handling. However I
could investigate this further and file a bug.

Another problem can be seen when resizing MegaMek's main window. The AWT
components within grow larger and larger when resizing the window. AFAIK
it uses the evil GridBagLayout.

cu
Robert

Btw: If you want to use MegaMek with JamVM and a CVS version of GNU
Classpath you may find this small script useful:

#!/bin/sh
PREFIX=/home/rob/INSTALL/classpath (or where you have installed it)

CP=collections.jar:TinyXML.jar:MegaMek.jar

BLP=${PREFIX}/lib/classpath:${PREFIX}/lib/classpath/security:
JLP=

CLASS=megamek.MegaMek

BCP=/usr/share/jamvm/classes.zip:${PREFIX}/share/classpath/glibj.zip

jamvm -Xbootclasspath:${BCP} -Djava.library.path=${BLP}:${JLP} -cp ${CP}
${CLASS} address@hidden
#sablevm -Y -p java.library.path=${JLP} -c ${CP} ${CLASS} address@hidden

[0] - megamek.sf.net
[1] - http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~rschuste/megamek-ingame.png