Re: Fwd: GCJ and CORBA

From: Meskauskas Audrius
Subject: Re: Fwd: GCJ and CORBA
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:26:16 +0200

The more I think, the less ideas I have.

The renaming operation will touch a large number of classes, as these streams
are really frequently used. Then probably it is better to create a separate
CORBA branch for GCJ where we could release the renamed code time
to time. Of course, having and maintaining such branches consumes a lot of work.

In addition, after renaming it will not be possible to use any
existing IDL to java compiler, as the code, generated by such compilers,
always refer these classes. We have no our own IDL compiler at
the moment and need to use various others.

That should really think is the GCJ development team. I hope, they
plan to fix that bug in near future? If yes, we can just temporary remove
CORBA and also some parts of Swing from the GCJ tree and wait.

Audrius.