Re: [cp-patches] FYI: Bumped up serialVersionUIDs in javax.swing

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: Re: [cp-patches] FYI: Bumped up serialVersionUIDs in javax.swing
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 22:26:26 +0100

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 13:49 +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Saturday 28 May 2005 14:46, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> >  I imagine its reasonable to suggest supporting RMI
> > (which requires serialization) for e.g. the SpinnerDateModel, but I
> > don't see why we need it for the components (perhaps someone wants to
> > enlighten me?)
>
> There are people that find the instantiation and startup of Java to take too
> long so they serialize the whole instantiated GUI and then write that to a
> binairy blob to the jar file.
> The client then starts the GUi by deserialising that file and showing it.
>
> I think its butt-ugly and feel it does not need to be supported, but there
> are people out there (mostly companies) that do it.  So, now you know :)

Yeh, and I can believe it...
--
Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint)
attachments.

No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

public class gcj extends Freedom implements Java { ... }