Re: Does J2SDK 5.0 BCL preclude contributions to Classpath?

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: Does J2SDK 5.0 BCL preclude contributions to Classpath?
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 14:42:55 +0200

Matt Van Gundy wrote:
Thomas,

Thank you, I think that yours is a sane interpretation of that clause. On further thought, I'd have to concur that, re-implementation of a standard most likely doesn't imply creation... and the previous licenses seem to agree.

Thanks for helping me see it another way,

The 1.5 BCL is easy enough to terminate, in any case. Just remove the BCL-covered code from your disk, and all the soft lawyeur porn in the license no longer affects you, afaict, so you don't have to bother trying to second-guess vogon poetry. :)

cheers,
dalibor topic