Re: Java2D tests using SVG

From: Thomas Zander
Subject: Re: Java2D tests using SVG
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:23:48 +0200

On Monday 13 June 2005 02:54, Ziga Mahkovec wrote:
> I think this could eventually be used as a Mauve test.  We could avoid
> using Batik by generating Java source files directly from the SVG
> images (using Batik in combination with FreeHEP[3]).  The testlets
> would then catch exceptions and -- once the bulk of the Java2D API is
> implemented -- compare PNG outputs to reference images.

I think thats a really good idea.
Since Java2D needs a Display in both cases; you could also use the Robot
class to screenshot the window and compare that instead of going through
another layer (png writing).  So tests don't break if png writing fails.

I'd love to see such a huge Java2D coverage automated testsuite.

--
Thomas Zander