Re: New bug-classpath mailinglist

From: Andrew John Hughes
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:44:35 +0100

> P.S. Just before the creation of this new mailinglist a whole batch of
> bug reports was added that were found through FindBugs by David
> Hovemeyer. They might be interesting to look at if you are looking for
> some "easy" bugs to solve.

On this note, I do have some Findbugs runs available on-line:

http://fuseyism.com/japi/classpath.html
http://fuseyism.com/japi/classpath-generics.html

The first is pretty far out of date now (mid-April, e.g. it still
includes our dead locale classes) and the second, while apparently
up-to-date, may not actually be checking against an updated checkout.
This is because these aren't actually run on any of my local machines at
present, as I haven't been able to get a reliable run out of my attempts
with JamVM+Classpath.  I'll take another look over the next week, and
see if I can get anything going with that.  If I do, these will probably
be updated nightly as with the JAPI results.

Obviously, take these with a pinch of salt, just as with any compiler
warning or other auto-generated analysis, especially as I imagine these
are designed more for applications using the class libraries.  Also, be
aware that it suggests 1.5 solutions for some problems
(Boolean.valueOf() for example).  Some of these methods are on the
generics branch and could be put on HEAD.  I'm currently waiting on some
more feedback on my last e-mail about this (Tom's response was pretty
much what I expected :) )
--
Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint)
attachments.

No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

public class gcj extends Freedom implements Java { ... }