RE: Anon cvs broken?

From: Andrew Haley
Subject: RE: Anon cvs broken?
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:45:04 +0100

Mark Wielaard writes:
 > Hi Jeroen,
 >
 > On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 13:37 +0200, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
 > > I don't understand, isn't "cvs update" supposed to get the new files
 > > as well?
 >
 > New files yes, but not new directories...
 > I don't know why anyone thought that was good default behavior.

It's the only possible default behaviour.  CVS supports modules, so
that it's possible to check out a subset of a tree, and this is very
useful.  When you do "cvs update", it does not check out every module,
just the directories you already checked out.

 > In my ~/.cvrc I have the following to get more sane cvs behavior:

This is not sane bahavior in general, just for trees that don't have
many modules.

Andrew.