Re: Eclipse broken with 0.16

From: Grzegorz B. Prokopski
Subject: Re: Eclipse broken with 0.16
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 01:02:37 -0400

On Sat, 2005-02-07 at 08:50 +0100, Chris Burdess wrote:
> Grzegorz B. Prokopski wrote:
> > Before anything else, could we first see the patch that solves this
> > problem?  Maybe it's just a few-liner...
>
> Hi gadek,
>
> This particular problem was solved by

Thanks a lot!  This particular problem with Eclipse is gone now.

> ... but there are a whole load of related changes that I've been applying
> over the last couple of days.

I am sure there was.  But from a VM developer POV I must admit that as
much as I would love to include the profitable changes that have been
made in last days, still it would be hard for me to choose which ones
they were and which of these are not too risky for a stable SableVM
release :-)

In other words, if you feel that some of other parts of your patches
were also critically important (~bugfixes only), it would be great if
you could send them as separate patches.  As Mark said, it's unlikely
that VM devs would ship GNU Classpath unpatched, so this sounds like
the right thing to do.  "We" (the VM devs) just need to know which
patches we should apply :-)

Thanks & cheers,

                        Grzegorz B. Prokopski
--