Re: Patch for Jikes 1.22

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Patch for Jikes 1.22
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 08:45:58 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 15:44 +1000, Stephen Crawley wrote:
> I've submitted a two-line patch to the Jikes project on SourceForge
> that works around the problem which shown up when you use Jikes 1.22 to
> compile against a Classpath class tree.
>
> The symptom is that the compiler dies with an assertion error at
> line 1110 of "symbol.h" in the IsInner method.  The workaround is to
> simply remove the assertion.

On what platform have you seen this?
Any idea which file/class triggers it? Or a workaround for our sources?

I am using Jikes Compiler - Version 1.22 - 3 October 2004
(Debian package: 1:1.22-2) on both x86 and ppc GNU/Linux systems and it
seems to work fine. I have not seen any jikes related problem for
months.

The only Debian specific fixes I can see in the package are a m68K
compiler fix (-O1) and two deprecation warning/error fixes that
shouldn't impact our build since we explicitly disable deprecation
warnings.

        src/error.cpp: bug 4059; deprecation diagnostics should be
        warnings, not errors.
        src/decl.cpp: bug 4058; shouldn't warn about deprecation in deprecated
        contexts. (closes: #289346)

Thanks,