Re: [OX Devel] Compiling OpenExchange with gcj and classpath

From: Martin Kauss
Subject: Re: [OX Devel] Compiling OpenExchange with gcj and classpath
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 00:05:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Jul 08, 2005 02:28 PM, Soumyadip Modak <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
> Recently I've been looking at OpenExchange on Fedora Core 4. I was
> hoping to utilise FC4's extensive free Java tools to build OX. OX
> configure script didn't thorw up any problems but make failed witha lot
> of errors. Can anyone please guide me how to rectify these problems to
> get a completely free groupware solution ?
>
> Errors :
>
> Making all in javabuild
> make[1]: Entering directory `/root/open-xchange-0.8.0-3/javabuild'
> /usr/bin/ant -f ../build.xml
> Buildfile: ../build.xml
>
> init:
>
> compilewebdav:
>     [javac] Compiling 14 source files to /root/open-xchange-0.8.0-3/build
>     [javac] ----------
>     [javac] 1. WARNING in
> /root/open-xchange-0.8.0-3/src/com/openexchange/groupware/ContactInsEdit.java
>     [javac]  (at line 96)
>     [javac]     import com.openexchange.tools.encoding.Base64;
>     [javac]            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>     [javac] The import com.openexchange.tools.encoding.Base64 is never used
>     [javac] ----------
>     [javac] ----------

[REMOVED LOTS OF ERROR MESSAGES]

>     [javac]  (at line 53)
>     [javac]     public class OXFolderPermissionException extends Throwable {
>     [javac]                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>     [javac] The serializable class OXFolderPermissionException does not
> declare a static final serialVersionUID field of type long
>     [javac] ----------
>     [javac] 120 problems (84 errors, 36 warnings)
>
> Sorry for flooding.
>
> Thanks
>
> Soumyadip Modak
> address@hidden
> address@hidden
> http://www.randomink.org/soumyadip

Hi,

the configure just checks the system dependencies to
build the system. The needed libraries are not checked
until the compile process, JFYI.

The questions was asked some month ago for a Debian
package as well. I tried to build Open-Xchange some
time ago with GNU Classpath, but specially for mail,
necessary methods and functions are just missing.

We are just providing a collaboration framework and
that is our focus. This means, if the functionality
is covered by any other package than Sun's Javamail
package one can build OX with this packages.

Currently - AFAIK - this is not possible.

The other question is what you mean with
"extensive free Java tools" ... for some
ppl. also packages offered by Sun/IBM/Bea are "free" ...

By reading your website i have to mention that
we have working environments (and test systems
of course) with IBM JDK as well and i know admins
who are using the BEA JDK to resolve errors.

Greetings,

Martin Kauss