RE: Brief implementation question about the exception code.

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: Brief implementation question about the exception code.
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:53:25 +0200

Meskauskas Audrius wrote:
> When the CORBA server POA is temporary deactivated (discarding mode),
> the client receives remote exception org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT.
> One of the fields in this exception is the integer "minor error code".
> My OMG document (March  2004) clearly states that the value of that
> field must be 1. From my previous experience, the Suns implementation
> always throws this exception with this field set to value 1398080489
> (0x535503e9) that can be decoded as  "An exception code, specific to
> Sun's implementation, number 1001".
>
> Any ideas about which error code should we return?

The question I usually use to try to figure these things out is: "Would
Sun fix this if it was reported as a bug?"

If they wouldn't fix it, we should be compatible with their
implementation instead of the spec.

I know too little about CORBA to answer the question in this case, but
maybe it is helpful for you to decide what to do.

Regards,
Jeroen