String class: hack for ORP 1.0.9

From: Simon Kitching
Subject: String class: hack for ORP 1.0.9
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:02:28 +1200

Hi,

In String.java there is this piece of code:

  public char[] toCharArray()
  {
    // XXX ORP 1.0.9 crashes on (char[]) clone() during bootstrap, so we
    // omit this optimization for now.
    // if (count == value.length)
    //   return (char[]) value.clone();
    char[] copy = new char[count];
    VMSystem.arraycopy(value, offset, copy, 0, count);
    return copy;
  }

I see that ORP released 1.0.10 in may 2002 (and nothing since).
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/orp

The most recent email on the general list at sourceforge is dated
2003-07-11. The main site does reference a yahoo groups page for email,
but that group does not appear to be available to the public.

I just wondered if it was time to remove this hack...

Regards,

Simon