Re: Latest statcvs reports for Classpath and Mauve

From: Andrew Haley
Subject: Re: Latest statcvs reports for Classpath and Mauve
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:49:36 +0100

Mark Wielaard writes:
 > On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 09:07 +0000, David Gilbert wrote:
 > > I updated the statcvs reports for Classpath and Mauve:
 > >
 > > http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/statcvs/
 >
 > Total Lines Of Code: 999019 (2005-07-14 22:07)
 >
 > So close... :)

  "When a very well-known and widely respected computer scientist
  recently used [lines of code as a measure of] programmer
  productivity in a lecture, the suggestion came from the audience
  that, instead of talking about "the lines of code produced" we
  should talk about "the lines of code used" and that, therefore, the
  speaker was booking them on the wrong side of the ledger. The
  speaker answered that he stuck to his productivity measure, because
  he did not know of any alternatives that allowed proper
  quantification!"

(You can guess who wrote that; one of your countrymen!  :-)

Andrew.