Re: Removing GtkLookAndFeel

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Removing GtkLookAndFeel
Date: 18 Jul 2005 11:32:30 -0600

>> Surely they'd be needed to implement getPlatformLookAndFeel() or
>> whatever the method is called? (along with a hypothetical
>> gnu.javax.swing.plaf.qt package for KDE users)

Dalibor> So I am wondering whether anyone uses them (and for what they are used
Dalibor> ;). As the code is neither built nor referenced from the rest of the
Dalibor> library code, I'm wondering whether one can safely remove it.

My impression is that they were the start of a gtk-like plaf, but then
never finished.  I think it would be fine to remove them.  Just make a
tag or something before you delete them so that it is easy to
resurrect them later if someone really wants to.

Dalibor> So I'd propose removing the unused classes, but keeping the
Dalibor> icons subdirectory around, since that one is used by
Dalibor> javax.swing.

Probably these should be moved to resource/ anyway.

Tom