Re: Fix for java/net/URLClassLoader

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Fix for java/net/URLClassLoader
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:57:33 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 15:14 -0500, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> This patch (checked in) fixes two Mauve tests and removes some
> obsolete code.
>
>      2005-07-09  Archie Cobbs  <address@hidden>
>
>         * java/net/URLClassLoader.java: disallow directories as resources

I remember we added getting file URLs for directories as resources
because Nice depended on that being possible. (Indicating that the Mauve
test and/or the "spec" is wrong here.) It doesn't really make sense to
return it as resource since it is unclear what to return as content. If
I remember correctly some people wanted to return some
HTML-representation of the directory...

Daniel, can you remember the discussion? And does Nice still depend on
this?