Implementation details of VMStackWalker

From: Ingo Prötel
Subject: Implementation details of VMStackWalker
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:02:33 +0200

Hi,

I just implemented VMStackWalker for our VM and have some questions.

The reference implementation of 'getCallingClass()' and
'getCallingClassLoader()' just look at the third entry in the class
context. Would it not be better to return the first class that is not
assignable to the class in context[0] ? That way we could cope with
classes that first call some private or protected classes an then ends
up calling the stack walker.

The next thing I would like to have is a method to get the calling
method name. This would be good for logging.

For the security part: Is it enough to check if the class loader of
context[0] is the boot classloader?

Thanks
Ingo
--