Re: Using GNU Classpath while changing his hierarchy

From: Meskauskas Audrius
Subject: Re: Using GNU Classpath while changing his hierarchy
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:19:39 +0200

Jean-Philippe Deblonde wrote:

In fact, it's a lot more than a simple refactoring, because I need, by
example, to rewrite the String.java to use an array of bytes (coded
with UTF-8) instead of an array of char, to save some space for the
smartcards..

Maybe I do not understand properly, but why on the world are you doing so strange? GNU Classpath Reader and Writer supports not just UTF-8, but also many other encodings, see release notes for details. You only write in UTF-16 if you want to. Are you using smart card as the main memory for the application?