Re: @deprecated

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: @deprecated
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:45:46 -0400

(David, hope you don't mind me replying to the list on this)

On 9/2/05, David Gilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think japi may be getting some of these wrong.  For instance, in the
> latest japi report it says:
>
>     * field javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI.downKey: deprecated
>       in jdk14, but not deprecated in classpath

> ...but in the GNU Classpath source code:
>
>   /**
>    * This is the keystroke for moving down.
>    *
>    * @deprecated 1.3
>    */
>   protected KeyStroke downKey;

Interesting. There are two possible culprits here - either the
japitools code for reading Deprecated attributes out of class files,
or the compiler being used to compile Classpath for the japi runs.

Andrew, could you let me know which compiler you're using to build the
japi files hosted on fuseyism.org? Are the jar files themselves
available somewhere for diagnostics?

Jeroen, can you think of any immediately obvious reason why
ClassFile.java might be missing the fact that these things are
deprecated, other than a compiler bug?

Thanks,
Stuart.

--