Re: classpath 0.18rc1/cvs on OS-X

From: Robert Lougher
Subject: Re: classpath 0.18rc1/cvs on OS-X
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 01:04:33 +0100

Hi Andeas,

On 9/5/05, Andreas Tobler <address@hidden> wrote:

> On jamvm we have to do some hacks, not only darwin. (release 1.3.2
> RawData* vs. Pointer*, RawData* has been replaced with Pointer*) The
> darwin specific thing is to replace the shared library extension to
> dylib iso so.

Just to let people know that you can now grab the latest version of
JamVM from CVS.  This has the RawData/Pointer change, and works with
0.18-rc1 "out of the box".   It's also now "64-bit clean", and runs on
PowerPC 64 (on Mac OS X) and AMD64/Linux.  It _should_ also run on
PowerPC 64/Linux using the new --enable-ffi configure option but I
haven't been able to test it (the iMac G5 isn't fully supported under
Linux yet, fans go full blast).

It still expects libraries under MacOS X to end in .so (Classpath 0.17
and before) -- I'll fix this for the next release.

To grab JamVM from CVS do:

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/jamvm checkout jamvm

Rob.