RE: jgss constant values

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: jgss constant values
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 20:59:15 +0200

Stuart Ballard wrote:
> Does the Classpath project have an explicit policy for these kinds of
> situations?

I don't know if there is a policy, but I agree with you that we
shouldn't try to "fix" problems like this. It doesn't really solve
anything and makes interoperability more difficult.

> [1] like the "missing hashCode() method" reports in the jgss package,
> which I'll look into...

IMO not a Japi bug. We're missing the hashCode() method in the
interface. I don't think it's very relevant, but the idea is that
because the interface explicitly declares the method, implementers are
encouraged (but not required, of course) to override it.

Regards,
Jeroen