gnu.java.nio

From: Craig Combs
Subject: gnu.java.nio
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 07:42:53 -0700 (PDT)

Two questions:

1)  If I read this correct the classes in the package will determine the encoding of input and convert it to a specified encoding that I specify without needing to know the orginal encoding of the file?  Of course depding that I can find a match and if I can not I assume it throws and exception or defaults to the system encoding.

2) can classpath be incldued in a library of application say a search engine without making the search engine GPL.  I'm using lucene and would like to keep it under Apache and not GPL.  Can some clarify what an independ module a little be more?

Regards,
Craig