Re: Pacific/Easter TimeZone.java

From: Bastiaan Huisman
Subject: Re: Pacific/Easter TimeZone.java
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:05:19 +0200

Hi all,

I recently submitted a patch for timezones.pl. Part of the patch was not
incorporated in the new timezone.pl:
298c297
<                       my $startrule = parseRule($rawoffset, $savings,
---
>                       my $startrule = parseRule($rawoffset, 0,

This is needed to get the startrule in wall time instead of in standard
time.

My patch broke something, that Mark Wielaard thought he had fixed by a
patch at 2005-08-26. However, using TimeZone.java generated from this
new timezones.pl still results in the java error:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal end time 86400000 when the
TimeZones.java is used in Sun's JDK. I haven't tried using it in non-Sun
compilers.

Kind regards,

Bastiaan Huisman