RE: RFC: Generics branch VM interface

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: RFC: Generics branch VM interface
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:03:22 +0200

Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 12:08:18PM +0200, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> > I'd like to propose a fundamental change to the VM interface on the
> > generics branch. In particular, I'd like the VM interface
> > (and in this case I mean strictly the interface between the Foo and
> > VMFoo classes) on the generics branch to be compatible with the
> > main branch.
> > That way a VM can use the same VM interface code for both branches.

[...]
> Has there been any movement on this?  I haven't seen any of
> it being applied to the branch.

I've been busy, but I plan to resume working on the generics branch soon
(this week or next week). I've worked with Stuart on the parser for
generic signatures for Japi and I'm going to reuse that to implement the
new 1.5 reflection methods. I'll also work on the VM interface changes
to make it easier for a VM to support both branches.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jeroen