Re: Wanted: SerialVersionUID experts ;)

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: Wanted: SerialVersionUID experts ;)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:57:27 -0400

Excellent, that fixed it :) I'd already added a bunch of conditional
debugging code that I'll leave in, but disabled, because it will be
useful if any other incorrect svuid issues come up.

FWIW, the other svuid error in the CVS version was equally easy:

-               fields[i].getType().equals("J") &&
+               fields[i].getType() == PrimitiveType.LONG &&

Using .equals() to compare strings has something of a downside when
something that used to be a string suddenly isn't any more...

On Monday (when I have access to the relevant machine again) I'll
apply this fix in the nightly results.

Stuart.
--
http://sab39.dev.netreach.com/