Segfault in GdkGraphics

From: Roman Kennke
Subject: Segfault in GdkGraphics
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:22:43 +0200

Hi list, hi Thomas,

I am working on the Swing painting stuff in the hope to optimize it. I
added some 'improvement' to JComponent (which is attached), which should
enable double buffering in Swing painting, even if the paint request
comes from the AWT side (which simply calls paint, instead of
paintImmediatly that is called by Swing's RepaintManager).

The problem is, this hack triggers a segfault:
[Switching to Thread -1395782736 (LWP 8688)]
0xae43e6b0 in Java_gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GdkGraphics_translateNative (
    env=0x805f234, obj=0xafe83938, x=-5, y=-5)
    at gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GdkGraphics.c:281
281       g->x_offset += x;
(gdb)

I really don't see why my JComponent hack could cause g to be NULL. I am
not doing something illegal in JComponent, do I?

BTW: You might think that my 'stunt act' in JComponent looks a little
weird. Meditate a little over it. The reason I do it this way and not
like it has been for some time is to provide more compatibility between
AWT and Swing, so that Swing components can be used inside an AWT tree
(and not only JRootPanes, like it has been before). I think this hack
should work as it is.

Any ideas on the segfault?

/Roman