Re: japi and protected field declaring classes

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: japi and protected field declaring classes
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:07:38 -0400

On 10/5/05, Wolfgang Baer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Mark, hi Stuart,
>
> Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > I do hope someone packages japitools for Debian so that it can be used
> > easily by the packagers.
>
> Got the message :-) I can have a look.

Wow, cool :)

> However which version should be packaged. The last available from
> the website (0.9.5), or is there somewhere a newer one ?

The only newer is CVS currently. I'd like to finish up the remaining
issues in 1.5 compatibility (basically full annotation support) and
hash out what's the right thing to do with the open issues that are
being debated right now before I make another new version. At the
current rate of progress that probably won't take long.

But it's probably true that the CVS version gives much better results
than the released version right now.

I'm not sure what to propose, except be aware of the tradeoffs and
make whichever decision you think is right for Debian...

(btw, if there are changes that you'd like to see in japitools to make
it easier to package let me know; I'm more than willing to give CVS
access too)

Stuart.
--
http://sab39.dev.netreach.com/