Re: japi and public references to non-public types

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: japi and public references to non-public types
Date: 05 Oct 2005 11:34:24 -0600

>>>>> "Stuart" == Stuart Ballard <address@hidden> writes:

Stuart> Is there a Java equivalent to C#'s FxCop tool?

I'm not sure what exactly FxCop does, but there is FindBugs and a
couple of similar tools.  One nice thing about enhancing these tools
is that they already have IDE plugins, so you get that "for free".

Stuart> - serialVersionUID that's not static final

I think Eclipse will check for this one.  Not sure about the other
serialVersionUID things you listed.  One problem with our current
Eclipse setup is that we actually have too many warnings enabled.  To
work my way through them I have to filter by package so that the list
isn't too overwhelming.

Tom