Short event-handling question...

From: Clemens Eisserer
Subject: Short event-handling question...
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:10:18 +0200

Hello,

I am currently reading the Swing source to understand some swing
insights I always wanted to know how its implemented. Really quite
interresting ;-)

However there is a thing I do not fully understand / did not find out
how its realized:

If I post a synthetic event to the event queue using
t.getSystemEventQueue.postEvent() end the source of the event is e.g.
a JFrame, the event is automatically sent to the lightweight component
which had the focus or is located at the position of a mouse event.
Where does this happen?

What I would like to implement is something like a Remote-Swing, where
the swing-gui actually lives on server and only the drawing-commands
are sent to the client.
Do you think it would be hard to implement this withought relying on a
heavyweight AWT backend, for what I do understand the only thing I
need to simulate is the SystemEventQueue right?

Thank you in advance, lg Clemens